RCS, the leader in digital technology, has an immediate full time opening for Field Technical Services Engineer. This position can be located in most US cities.
Become a part of a fast paced RCS install team that assists world class radio stations across North America! The Installer provides technical assistance, technical training, and guidance to the customer while on-site and/or while working with customer via phone. Our priority is to assist customers during the installation process to ensure they have nothing less than a stellar experience with our team and our software.
RCS’s Support and Install departments are a 24 hour, 365 day operation. Applicants will not be required to relocate to Ogallala, NE. This position is a salaried position without the eligibility for overtime and a typical work week is 40 hours per week. RCS is a division of Clear Channel Communications.
A qualified applicant should have the following training, education, certifications, and/or equivalent on the job experience:
* Microsoft XP, Win7, and Server 2k8 with a working knowledge of MS-DOS.
* Radio Automation setup and configuration experience to include hardware and wiring.
* Basic LAN administration, setup and configuration.
* Prior telephone troubleshooting or call-center experience.
* Strong customer service and communication skills.
* Propensity to learn with a positive attitude and work ethic.
* Ability to multitask and type 35 WPM or more.
* Radio and/or TV broadcast experience is a plus.
* Prior experience traveling in a technical capacity.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Frequent travel to customer sites for the purpose of installing hardware and configuring software. While on-site acts as liaison between customer and RCS.
* During non-travel weeks this position is responsible for technical support via phone and email. Documentation is required for all customer contact.
* Works closely with fellow installers, support techs, and management to increase technical knowledge and resolve customer issues.
* Is visible to the department members and is available for assistance.
* Oversees and implements the technical training process as deemed necessary by self, the team, or the customer to assist customers to use products properly.
* Creates and recommends new training ideas to the department manager and develops a plan for technical training for customers on a regular basis.
* Leads by example and carries out the expectations of the department. I.e. answer incoming customer support calls.
* Is available to answer customer calls and assist technicians with questions.
* All other duties as assigned.
* The ability to lift 40 pounds for purpose of moving and installing hardware is mandatory.
* Fluent in Spanish is a PLUS!
Please send your letter of application, resume, and salary history and requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 887
Ogallala, NE 69153
RCS is an equal opportunity employer.