New and Improved
We've improved Smart Ripper and the Audio Format Converter! In addition to the ability to extract a perfect digital copy of an original CD track in a fraction of real time and preserve each song in its original crystal-clear state with built-in normalization, you can now convert your files into PCM, MP2, and MP3.
More FeaturesThe new Smart Ripper software system with MP3 support gives current clients the ability to convert audio to MP3 format with a one-time upgrade charge. In addition to the MP3 features, we've streamlined the user interface for the AFC and added performance enhancements to Smart Ripper.
Transfer Audio with a ClickSmart Ripper is the ideal way to digitally copy music and audio tracks to hard drive. Only Smart Ripper uses the latest WAVE and compression technology to load cuts and music simultaneously across multiple CD-ROM devices.
World Class SupportOur Support department is legendary. All the people who help you solve your day to day problems are radio people, too. RCS Support never sleeps and is always open 24/7/365 for Smart Ripper users worldwide.
- Extract a perfect digital copy of an original CD track in a fraction of real time.
- Optimize levels across multiple tracks and CDs with built-in normalization.
- Convert your audio files into PCM and MPEG 1 Layer 2 (MP2), and Layer 3 (MP3).
- Smart Ripper supports ripping into PCM, MPEG Layer 2 (MP2) and Windows Media (WMA).
- Automatically trims silence.
- Preview audio by playing directly from CD through sound card.
- Creates DAT (metadata) files for importing metadata into NexGen Digital and Zetta.
- Support to get CD track title and artist information from the Internet.
- Smart Ripper can rip from multiple drives sequentially.
- Integrated Smart Ripper is tightly coupled with NexGen Digital and Zetta to allow ripping cuts from the Production screen or Audio load utility.
- Standalone Smart Ripper can communicate with NexGen Digital's database to select an available audio number for the cuts it rips.
- Support for hardware and software licensing
- Send data from ripped tracks directly to GSelector4
- Upgraded integration with CDDB
- Non-destructive normalization and compression
- Support for audio analysis values
- Support for XML Dat and 7-digit audio numbers
Technical Requirements (Version 3.15 & higher)
- A CD ROM drive on the same machine as the software is required.
- Hard disk space: at least 1 GB
- Clock speed: at least 3 GHz (P4)
- Memory: at least 1 GB of RAM
- What is so smart about Smart Ripper?
- Smart Ripper "Selector-izes" audio as it rips it from CD, first identifying and then adding to your music database the Song Title, Artist, Album Name, duration, Ending type, Beats Per Minute and Musical Key... all automatically.
- My CD won't rip at all, what is wrong?
- Make sure that the disc is clean and free of scratches. Smart Ripper needs a good copy to work with in order to avoid data errors during the reading process.
- Will Smart Ripper rip from a CD-R or CD-RW?
- Yes, as long as the disc is recorded as a standard "Red Book" audio CD.
- Why didn't CDDB recognize my CD?
- Most of the Internet services that identify CD titles use a patented algorithm that scans the sector location addresses on the CD to determine a unique identity for each disc. Some CDs are so new they haven't yet been entered into the service's database. Promotional CDs, CDs of syndicated programs and CD Singles with one or two tracks usually create multiple matches due to too few tracks. When CDs have extra "bonus" tracks they can create a false identification. A custom-made CD-R for example, it will not be found in the database. Also many international CDs are not in the US version of the CD Index Smart Ripper uses.
- Why is my rip taking so long?
- If Smart Ripper is getting a lot of data read errors due to a dirty or scratched disc, it will retry the bad sectors many times over until it can confirm the read. This will slow down the ripping process considerably. Be sure the disc is a clean as possible. You may have to polish out any scratches if this is your only copy of a particular disc.
- Can I rip a disc of MP3's?
- No. Smart Ripper can only rip standard audio discs (CD-DA) that adhere to the "Red Book" standard.